It might be the most important subject in the world, but neither parents nor schools usually teach us how to be our best self.
By the end of this post, you’ll know exactly what to do in order to be your best self.
First let’s talk about…
Why do you need to ‘Be yourself’?
Click HERE to tweet this!
Nobody on Earth will know what it’s like to walk in your shoes. Every thought, experience and feeling you have is yours alone.
We often end up leading lives which feel a little off.
There’s this vague sense we’re not being our true selves, but we’re not sure what to do about it.
So how do you become yourself?
Click here to tweet this!
We all have two types of self:
- Positive self – the person you’d like to be more often
- Negative self – which stops you from being your positive self
The key is to learn to tell which self is in control most of the time. Take a piece of paper and write down your positive and negative self attributes.
Now you know yourself, let’s get into 3 ways to become your best self.
1. Be honest with yourself
Becoming your best self is a journey. That means you’ll face obstacles along the way.
The best way to overcome it?
Not by ignoring or by postponing it.
But by facing upto it and being honest with yourself.
2. Take care of yourself
Click here to tweet this!
- Whenever you’re feeling overwhelmed, take three or four deep breaths to calm your stressed-out mind and put things back into perspective.
- Aim to spend at least 20 to 30 minutes each day working out.Can’t afford 20-30 min? How about 5-10 min of HIIT.
- Have a good sleep everyday. A good night’s rest is essential for your cognitive performance, so make sure you’re getting at least six hours of shut-eye every night.
- Eat heathy food as often as possible if not everyday.
3. Take time for yourself
Find a quiet moment at least once a week in which you can simply be.
Your quiet time doesn’t have to literally be quiet – in fact, some people find that listening to their favorite music with the volume turned up helps them to center themselves.
If that doesn’t work for you, how about simply spending quality time gazing at your favorite painting or breathing mindfully?
“Whatever helps you to center yourself works.”
Being your best self is the most important thing we’ll ever learn, but it’s rarely taught. Neither schools nor parents really ever show us how to really be ourselves. So follow these 3 steps to be your best self.
1.Be honest with yourself when you face obstacles because being your best self is a journey not a destination.
2.Take care of yourself – physically, mentally and spiritually.
3.Take time for yourself – Just Simply be and get centered.
Which one of these 3 you’re already doing it? Or which one you think will propel you faster than anything else?
Let me know in the comments below.
If you find this post helpful, please consider sharing it.